1. The first thing you do in the morning is check email on your phone.
2. After you kiss your spouse goodnight, you check your email.
3. You go to the bathroom not to relieve yourself, but to check email. Then you flush the toilet to keep your cover.
4. When you’re driving, you’re thankful for red lights because it’s safer emailing there than on the open road, which you would do if not for the red lights.
5. In times of stress, you first think of grabbing your phone.
6. Your kids see you more with your phone than without it.
7. You’ve mastered the technique of checking email in front of people without them knowing it.
8. When you see a brilliant sunset, you’d rather watch the screen on your phone.
9. When having lunch with someone, you call half-time so you can check your email.
10. You have lied about your email use.
11. You can’t stand to have unread messages on your phone.
12. You have compulsively checked your email in the middle of the night.
13. You derive inordinate significance from your inbox.
14. You believe harm will occur if you don’t get to your email.
15. You checked your email while reading this blog post.
Are you addicted to email on your Smartphone? What is your behavior costing you?